The 2016 Priorites Survey ran September 6th–20th. It’s no longer available, so we’ll use this space to go over some of the amazing things that PSDP accomplished between the 2015 and 2016 surveys!
Our 2015 Priorities Survey was very helpful in steering PSDP’s resources in directions important to our community. In line with community members’ priorities in the 2015 results, by 9/4/16 we have:
• become even more of an award-winning nonprofit—as early adopters, we’re among the first to have earned GuideStar Platinum status, and for the second year in a row, we’re Top-Rated on GreatNonprofits!
• updated our online peer guidance group to serve the individualized needs of 271 members (current as of the start of the 2016 survey, up from 173 as of last year’s).
• expanded our website to have over 130 pages (from under 100 last year); our website expansion has been met with increased use. In August of 2015, we had 12,869 pageviews and 5,956 users. In August of 2016, we had 45,953 pageviews, 25,493 users, and an average Google search position of 1–2 for 357 different search queries. The internet recognizes PSDP!
• hosted a fabulous convention in Solvang, CA, with an average session rating of 4.741/5 (up from 4.64 last year) and comments like:
This is a wonderful event, full of good people and good dogs. Perfection is not required, and I found a lot of support in training the things we needed to work on. Thank you for the best part of my year!
• advocated and educated with community help on many fronts. Most notable are both that PSDP’s Director of Government Relations is serving as the service animal user co-chair on a federally chartered committee to update the service animal flight access laws, and PSDP submitted a U.S. Supreme Court brief to try to protect disability rights through future case law.
Thanks so much to our community for your input and other help in getting us so far!